Sunday, May. 29, 2005
All About Me
1. Your Full name: LeiLani Dawn (rest of name withheld for safety reasons)
2. Do you feel like your name fits you?
Nope. I should probably have been a Debbie or LeeAnn
3. Do you have an alter ego? If so, what is his/her name?
Yes; my professional name is LeiLani Dawn
4. Where were you born?
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
5. Where do you live?
6. Do you like to travel?
LOVE to travel
7. What is your birthday?
8. Do you have siblings?
One sister and one brother: Lisa and Greg
9. Do you have pets?
Not at the moment
10. Which was the happiest year of your life?
So far? This one. I made some much-needed and (I hope) positive changes
11. How old do you wish you were?
I'm fine with my current age.
12. A movie is being made about your life. Who would you cast to play yourself?
Probably Glenn Close. Someone once told me there's a strong physical resemblence, even, though I'd need to lose more weight for anyone to see it now.
13. Who would you cast to play your significant other? (if you have no significant other, cast someone anyway)
Hmmm... Not sure who that would be. Harrison Ford comes to mind because he's age appropriate and I like his work as an actor.
14. How would this movie end?
I like surprise endings - if I can make it a serendipitous surprise, so much the better.
15. Is it better to be famous or infamous?
Preferably neither, but if I have to choose, I'd choose famous.
16. Youre going to die a natural death. What is the cause?
Hopefully I'll die of something fast and in my sleep; a brain aneurysm or heart attack that takes me silently and without fanfare.
17. Youre going to die a sudden, tragic death. What is the cause?
I'm in a car wreck and die instantly while traveling the world.
18. How long do you plan on living?
I want to live only as long as I remain self-sufficient. Let me please die before I have to depend on someone else to take care of all my basic needs.
19. What was the last song you got stuck in your head?
O Holy Night
20. Sing any commercial jingle.
"Fly the friendly skies"
21. What is your favourite element on the periodic table?
22. Sunrise or sunset?
Depends - I like both
23. Introvert or extrovert?
Extrovert most of the time
24. Creation or evolution?
Both - I believe that our universe is too ordered to have occurred randomly, but also believe that the 'days' of creation refer to eras rather than 24-hour days.
25. Action or reaction?
26. Unity or individuality?
A little of each. Life requires a balance.
27. Hugs or drugs?
28. Animal, vegetable, or mineral?
29. Popsicle, creamcicle, or fudgecicle?
30. Fight or flight?
flight - I will ALWAYS walk away from a fight if there is any way to do so
31. Who is your favourite historical figure?
Jesus, I guess
32. Which historical figure could we have done without?
33. What happened in the last dream you remember?
Hmm... The only one I can really remember - and it's been a while - I was riding a bicycle
34. Do nice guys really finish last?
Sadly, they often do
35. What are your favourite boy names?
My sons are David and Daniel so they naturally are my favorites
36. What are your favourite girl names?
I love Emma - it was my grandmother's name
37. Open or closed?
It depends on what it is - if a window, opened; if a bread bag, closed!
38. White bread or wheat bread?
wheat. Better yet, multi-grain and all natural
39. Is it better to burn out than to fade away?
There's a certain romanticism to going out in a blaze of glory...
40. You put a quarter into a toy machine. What comes out?
a rubber ball or something similar
41.What do you want to be when you grow up?
42. What were your favourite childhood toys?
My baby sister!
43. What was your first pet?
I think a puppy - but I don't remember much about it except that my little brother killed it
44. What annoys you?
Abject and unapologetic stupidity
45. What is your favourite action caption from the old batman tv show?
46. How many licks does it take to get to the centre of a tootsie pop?
I counted once but for the life of me can't remember, hehehe!
47. The glass... half empty or half full?
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON
48. Tightie whities.
Depends on who's wearing them!
49. Mc Donalds happy meals.
Good in a pinch but not all that good for you
50. Reality shows.
51. Gummi bears or gummi worms?
52.Would you rather sky dive or deep sea dive?
I'd love to deep sea dive someday!
53. Paper or plastic?
Paper, particularly recycled paper.
54. What position do you sleep in?
On my side
55. Do you sleep on the left, right, or the middle of the bed?
56. Sweet or sour?
57. What was your favourite after school special?
Good grief... I don't remember that far back!!
58. What is your favourite word?
I love nearly all words. Writing and speaking are deeply embedded into my life.
59. Beach or mountains?
Darn.. .I have to choose?
60. Mounds or almond joy?
61. Do YOU feel like a nut?
Bwahahah - One of my old screen names was Acorn. Does that give you any clue?
62. To give or to recieve?
63. Chocolate or caramel?
Both if I have a choice - otherwise caramel
64. Do you have any nicknames?
Lei, Twisterjester, tj
65. What does your name mean?
My name means "heavenly flower" in Hawaiian
66. Have you ever fainted?
No but I was rendered unconscious once as a child when I fell down the basement stairs and landed head-first on concrete
67. Have you ever had a crush on a school teacher?
Yes but I also had a high school teacher who apparently had a crush on me - after I turned 18 and I was no longer in his class (but was still a student at the school,) he started hitting on me and asked me for my phone number. I didn't give it to him, even though he was only a little older than I was, I was about to graduate, and he was seriously cute. Sometimes I've wondered if I should have.
68. What was the last thing you ate?
a salad and lemon-pepper fish
69. Do you have any bad habits?
Is the Pope Catholic??
what is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear...
72. Fruit loop...
79. What was your first happy memory?
Having a new baby sister
80. What was your first unhappy memory?
81. If you could visit any time period, what would it be?
I'd like to see if Atlantis was a real place... I think what, about 10,000 years back, give or take?
82. What would Jesus do?
Probably a lot of things that current-day religious zealots would find offensive. He was a radical in his time.
83. Make up a word and define it.
ichodorous - smells fishy to me!
84. Favourite Kool-Aid flavour?
85. Favourite pick up line?
No clue; I've never used one
86. Who was the third gunman on the grassy knoll?
Walt Disney for all I know!
87. What did you like to make believe as a child?
That I was one of the castaways on Gilligan's Island
88. Did you have an immaginary friend?
Nope; I had too many real friends
89. Would you like to live in a castle or a mansion?
Neither. I'd like a modest house but over 2000 sf is just too big to be a home.
90. Re-arrange some of the letters in your first, middle, and last name to form a description of yourself.
untitled heifer (Hey let's see YOU make something out of my name, HA!)
91. Do it fast or do it right?
92. What was the last book you read?
Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter
93. Have you ever had surgery?
Several times; I had an industrial accident at age 18 and had two fingers amputated, a process that involved a total of about ten surgeries. I've had others since, including voluntary sterilization.
94. Random fact about you...
I am not positive how tall I am. I think I'm 5'4" but my driver's license says 5'3"
95. What is the first thing you wash in the shower?
96. What is your favourite cereal?
97. If you could learn any foreign language, what would it be?
98. If you had the choice to live forever, would you?
I don't think so but if I were facing my imminent death I might well say otherwise
99. If you had the choice to be the opposite sex for a day, would you?
DO YOU BELIEVE IN
I believe that there is something creating the phenomenon - just not sure of what they are
103. Big foot?
I think so, particularly since there's been some scientific support for the idea in the past few years. A lot of people have reported seeing them, too many to dismiss the reports altogether.
104. Soul mates? No
Yes, I think that there is life on other planets. Just not as convinced that they're visiting us and kidnapping us for experiments. I think that phenomenon exists, I just don't think it is extraterrestrial in origin.
107. Loch ness monster?
Yes. We mistrust our fellow man entirely too much. There have been sightings of Nessie that span a whole lot of years
108. Heaven and hell?
109. The Zodiac?
Not in the sense of fortune telling, but I do think that there are aspects of personality affected by when you were born, and I know that farmers swear by the signs as to their plantings, etc.
110. Love at first sight?
I don't call it that but I do believe that what goes around, comes around.
Does anyone really believe vampires are real???
113. If you had any super power, what would it be?
The ability to heal
114. Would you use your power for good or evil?
115. Name something nostalgic.
Picking violets in the yard
116. What are your turn ons in the opposite sex?
A sense of humor and intelligence, in no particular order
117. What are your turn offs in the opposite sex?
Disrespect for themselves and for others.
118. What was the best compliment ever given to you?
Hmm... I've had people tell me I'm one of the most intelligent people they've ever met. I don't know if that's good or bad sometimes, though, lol.
119. Which character from Scooby Doo do you most relate to?
120. What is the worst trend of the present time?
The tendency to let our children sex themselves up. An 8-year-old should not be dressing in hoochie clothes.
121. Beer or wine?
123. You cant sleep. What do you do?
124. Do you wear jewelry?
I wear a birthstone necklace (citrine) and a peridot ring
125. What is your favourite smell?
I love what it smells like outdoors after a rain
126. What was the best decade of the past century?
I haven't lived every decade in the past century so it would be impossible to say.
127. Which is your favourite month of the year?
128. Do you smoke?
No. Never have and God willing, never will
129. Do you drink?
I have an occasional glass of wine with dinner - maybe two, three times a year
130. What was your favourite subject in school?
I had several; English, art, Spanish, science
131. What was your worst subject in school?
132. If you had to give up one of your senses, what would it be?
Much as I hate the thought, taste. It would eliminate much of life's pleasure but would not be as likely to become life-threatening.
133. Do you follow your head, your heart, or your crotch?
Hopefully my head. Following your heart is dangerous and following your crotch is just stupid.
134. Do you truely know who you are?
If I figure it out, I'll let you know
135. Are you superstitious?
136. Are you sentimental?
About certain things I can be, but in general, no. I've lost everything too many times to attach meaning to objects.
137. How many times a day do you eat?
three meals and the occasional snack, living Atkins again
138. Are you more of a main idea or detail type of person?
139. What is your favourite pie?
three-way tie: apple, cherry or raisin
140. Have you ever been close to death?
I made a conscious choice to live immediately after my oldest daughter was born. I know I could have decided just as easily to die, but looked at her in her hospital bassinet and realized that if I died, my children would have no one.
141. Do you like roller coasters?
142. Apples or oranges?
Apples; I'm allergic to oranges
143. Are you hyperactive?
144. Do you talk in your sleep?
Unfortunately, yes. My sister told me when I was in high school I talked in SPANISH in my sleep!
145. What is your favourite holiday?
146. Do you go to church?
147. At what age do you think you will be married?
I married the first time at 19.
148. If you could open up your own business, what would it be?
I've owned a restaurant and hated it, but think I would be good with a curiosity shop.
149. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
150. What is your weakness?
151. What was the last movie you saw that made you cry?
Good grief, I don't have a clue...
152. If love were a flavour, which flavour would it be?
probably chocolate, rich and decadent and satisfying like nothing else
153. If hate were a flavour, which flavour would it be?
154. Have you ever been prescribed any drugs? Which ones?
Sorry, but that's too much information even for me, and I'm not a secretive person
155. Is lying sometimes necessary?
It may be in order to protect someone
156. Bubbleyum or bubblicious?
157. What is your favourite curse word?
Don't have one
158. Do you have any birthmarks?
Not that I know of
159. If you could visit anywhere in the US, where would it be?
the East Coast
160. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
162. Do you feel like your physical self matches your personality?
163. What was the name of your kindergarten teacher?
164. Do you wear glasses or contacts?
165. How tall are you?
5'4" - I think!
166. How tall would you like to be?
I'm okay with this height most of the time but when reaching for something on a top shelf I want to be about 6' tall!
167. Your current mood:
168. Do you dress up for halloween?
169. Have you ever been in a car accident?
170. What is your favourite lucky charm?
My citrine necklace, I guess
171. What colour of underwear are you wearing?
172. Do you tend to date people younger or older than you?
173. Do your exes look alike?
The only thing they have in common is dark brown hair
174. Do your exes act alike?
Not at all
175. Have you ever been in love?
176. What is your favourite kids movie?
The Wizard of Oz
177. Have you ever hallucinated?
Not that I know of!
178. What do you like most about the opposite sex?
I enjoy the slightly different point of view that a man brings to a relationship
179. What do you hate most about the opposite sex?
180. Have you ever been on a blind date?
181. Would you want to be cloned?
Ask me next time I'm trying to do twenty things at once!!!
182. Have you ever peed in public?
183. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
It depends on the subject but in general I consider myself a realist. Hopefully that means a balance of the two
184. How did you find out that there was no Santa claus?
My parents never taught us that there was a Santa Claus
185. Pancakes or waffles?
186. Are you on a diet?
Yep, doing Atkins again.
187. Why is the grass always greener on the other side?
Because the neighbors are dumb enough to water every day. They're welcome to the water bill that goes with!
188. Do you always want what you can't have?
I think everyone has a degree of that inbred, but in general I'm content
189. Do you act stupid around someone you have a crush on?
Sadly, yes. I have a tendency to laugh at everything, whether or not it's appropriate. Being around a crush shears a good 30 points off of my IQ...
190. Have you ever been arrested?
191. Can you cook?
192. Do you think its wrong/weird if a girl asks a guy out?
193. Do you have any allergies?
194. Ketchup or catsup?
195. Do you believe there is a meaning to life? If so, what is it?
If I knew that I'd be rich
196. What do you think about before you fall asleep?
Depends on a lot of things. Sometimes work, sometimes my children, sometimes wondering if the weather will turn off hot/cold/nice
197. What are your thoughts on the nature of good and evil?
I think we all have the freedom to make choices in our lives and that if you choose evil, you can't blame anyone else for that decision.
198. Step into your cave. There you will find your power animal. What kind of animal is it?
199. What does your power animal say to you?
"Why are you still letting other people control your life?"
200. End this survey with a quote:
"You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth." -- Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)
Before - After
In the grander scheme of things, no soul can truly be replaced. Each one of us has a place in the universal tapestry. We each contribute our own color and texture. When one thread is snipped too soon, it distorts all the threads around it. Other lives can unravel and tear. If the wrong thread is ripped away, the whole fabric of life becomes dangerously fragile.
- LeiLani, aka Radiogurl aka Bright Opal (1957 - )