Monday, Jun. 28, 2004
How is it that weekends last about two seconds? It's Sunday night (well technically Monday morning before I finished this) and last I remember it was still Friday! It is imminently unfair.
I know, I know. It's no different than the rest of the world. You work nonstop or nearly so and on the weekends work at home to catch up with all the stuff you couldn't get done during the week. It's a vicious circle no matter how you slice it.
I had a couple of people who asked about the late-ex-hubby's not-so-late-ex-girlfriend who returned from the dead. She claimed that she was put in the witness protection plan and that's why she disappeared.
Okay who besides me sees more holes in that story than a wheel of Swiss cheese?
- When you go into the witness protection plan, your kids go with, generally speaking, don't they? These kids were devastated by their mommy's funeral and apparent death.
- When you go into the witness protection program you do NOT come back.
- Within a couple of weeks of her return from the 'dead', the ex-girlfriend went back to work at her old job - same bank, same position.
- She moved into her own house. Nine months after her 'death', it was apparently never sold or rented out.
- Nobody ever gave a satisfactory explanation for what body is buried in the grave with her name on it. She claimed they took a body from the morgue. Since so much else is obviously fabricated, who knows?
I would write more but it's nearly 1AM and I have to work in the morning. I think. God only knows what will happen when I actually GET there. Considering that my job requires traveling - on a regular basis - and that my only vehicle may be beyond recucitation, your guess is as good as mine.
I've been to other diaries and would love to put other things on here but I'll only close with these two results - one is a quiz. The other I'm not precisely sure how to categorize it but here it is: Cosmiccrayola posted this link and I thought it was more interesting than a lot of links. It gives you a Japanese interpretation of your name. It's obviously not an exact interpretation by meaning but still neat. My maiden name came out to be Endoh Rie (distant wysteria/village painting); my current name Yoshikuni Rie (good fortune country/village painting). I genuinely like both outcomes, enough so that I might use a version in a future writing or painting. We shall see.
But not tonight. And hopefully not tomorrow, because that will mean Boss is again being irrational and chose to fire me. It wouldn't be reasonable for him to do so, but no one ever accused him of being reasonable.
This was my actualy quiz result:
You are responsible, even when the responsibility is not yours. You are caring and more humane than most other faeries are. Blue Faeries are sincere, sympathetic, kind, creative, and harmonious. They represent stability in life and nature.
Which Faerie Are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Before - After
In the grander scheme of things, no soul can truly be replaced. Each one of us has a place in the universal tapestry. We each contribute our own color and texture. When one thread is snipped too soon, it distorts all the threads around it. Other lives can unravel and tear. If the wrong thread is ripped away, the whole fabric of life becomes dangerously fragile.
- LeiLani, aka Radiogurl aka Bright Opal (1957 - )