Tuesday, Apr. 27, 2004
Lifted from Fuzzmom, who snitched it from TatNan. If you copy it forward, kindly let me 'n Fuzzmom know because we're dying to see your answers.
- First Name
- Were you named after anyone?
- No, my parents just hated me, apparently.
- Do you wish on stars?
- I don't wish on much of anything any more...
- Which finger is your favourite?
- All of them - I'm missing two by amputation, so I appreciate every one I have left.
- When did you last cry?
- Not sure, I think it was probably when my mother died two years ago.
- Do you like your handwriting?
- Depends on how big a hurry I'm in when I'm writing!
- What is your favourite lunch meal?
- Any bad habits?
- What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf?
- I'm not ashamed of my tastes so I am not embarrassed by anything I have.
- If you were another person, would you want to be friends with you?
- Are you a daredevil?
- I don't take physical risks, but I have taken emotional and career risks for years. The damage from those can take much longer to heal when you fall, but the payoff is longer-term when they work, too.
- Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?
- Yes, when it meant saving a life.
- Do looks matter?
- Of course they do. I don't think you have to be a beauty queen or the male equivalent, but you should do the best you can with what you have. If you don't have that much respect for yourself, no one else will respect you, either.
- How do you release anger?
- I go completely cold - just refuse to speak, and generally walk away or drive away until I cool down. You don't want to be around me if I get mad and you DON'T let me walk away.
- Where is your second home?
- Do you trust others easily?
- What was your favourite toy as a child?
- A Barbie doll my grandmother sent me the year I was eight. She wrote and asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I asked for a new Barbie. My emphasis was because up until then, my only doll was one that my dad found. Its face had been run over by a truck and was obliterated. The Post Office delivered the package Christmas morning and my grandmother sent me the newest style of Barbie - something that left me dumbfounded. I can remember it to this day.
- What class in school do you think is totally useless?
- Truthfully, I think I've used something from every class I've ever taken except a course in 'logic', which turned out to be the most illogical thing I ever heard. The teacher was senile and I would have learned more by unraveling a ball of twine.
- Do you have a journal?
- What's this, chopped liver?
- Do you use sarcasm a lot?
- Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
- Not yet but give me time.
- What do you look for in a guy/girl?
- I'm actively not looking these days, but on the off chance of temporary weakness, I's be looking for a man who is kind, responsible, intelligent, and has a sense of humor. If I ever find a man who possesses all four of those traits, I'm in serious trouble!
- What are your nicknames?
- Would you bungee jump?
- I'll have to get back to you on that - really not sure one way or the other.
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
- No, my sneakers are velcro and my pumps are slip-on.
- Do you think that you are strong?
- I guess so. I am more inclined to think I'm just too tired to get excited about anything any more.
- What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
- I have three. Chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate.
- Shoe Size?
- What are your favourite colour?
- Depends on my mood and on what it's for. For clothing, purple. For my home, subtle shades of tan, green, gold, and purple. Example:
- What is your least favourite thing?
- There are several to choose from. Child molesters, political figures who use their power to destroy the people they rule, the inability to balance a need for environmental responsibility with the needs of people... All of those have far-reaching consequences for generations to come.
- How many wisdom teeth do you have?
- Three, all impacted but non-painful.
- How many people have a crush on you right now?
- Who do you miss most right now?
- It's a toss-up between my grandson, who I'm not allowed to see any more; my sister, who's been my best friend and confidante since I don't know when; and my youngest son, who's the one of my kids probably closest to me in personality and who I see rarely because he's a workaholic too.
- Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back to you?
- What colour pants are you wearing?
- Wearing a nightgown - no pants, unless you count the Brit version of the word.
- What are you listening to right now?
- Last thing you ate?
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
- What is the weather like right now?
- Last person you talked to on the phone?
- My daughter, who phoned me from home this afternoon while she was working on one of the studio computers. (There isn't enough space there so she brings them home to work on them.)
- The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
- See prevoius answer - but if you mean in the physical sense, I first notice how someone is standing. Your posture tells people everything.
- Do you like the person who sent you this?
- How are you today?
- Tired but glad to be done with work for the moment.
- Favourite drink?
- Favourite alcoholic drink?
- A nice, dry chablis or merlot.
- Favourite Sport?
- Not a huge fan except when I'm cuddled up next to someone and cheering his team on - then I genuinely get into the game, whatever it is. Just beware - I ask questions about it!
- Hair colour?
- A nebulous hue somewhere between blond and brown, currently leaning more toward brown. And some flecks of gray.
- Eye colour?
- Do you wear contacts?
- No - tried them, couldn't see anything out of them, even with hard contacts.
- Yes - aforementioned sister who's eight years younger than me, and a brother who's a year-and-a-half younger who I rarely see. He and wifey have money and I don't belong in their world.
- Favourite month?
- Favourite food?
- It varies according to my mood.
- Last movie you watched?
- Connie and Carla - see previous entry. Funny movie.
- Favourite day of the year?
- Any day I have off work that I'm not too sick to function.
- Are you too shy to ask someone out?
- Scary movies or happy endings?
- Summer or winter?
- Hugs or kisses?
- Relationships or one night stands?
- Neither right now. Each one brings its own set of complications.
- Do you want your friends to write back?
- Who is most likely to respond?
- Who is least likely to respond?
- Living Arrangements?
- Pigeonholed in the smallest bedroom in the place where I pay the rent, but still glad to finally have a room of my own!
- What book/magazine are you reading?
- Not really reading anything at the moment.
- What's on your mouse pad?
- Simulated water droplets. And my mouse.
- Favourite board game?
- The Game of Life or Scrabble - love them both!
- What did you watch on TV last night?
- Favourite Smell?
- Love the scent of hyacinths, of lilacs, of just-bathed babies, of homemade chocolate-chip cookies just out of the oven, ditto homemade bread; the smell of a crisp autumn day when everything smells clean. There are too many to choose only one.
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
- Wonder how long I can hit the snooze button this morning before realizing it's time to leave?
- Favourite sound?
- Rippling water; classical music; the wind in the pines; small children laughing; again, too many to pin it down to only one.
- Do you regret ever breaking up with someone?
- Do you like surveys?
- Sometimes. It depends on the survey.
- What are you thinking?
- I'm thinking I want to take a few days off and do something besides work.
- Any cult-like beliefs?
- Dogs or cats?
- I'm fine visiting either. I just don't have any pets right now.
- Favorite Transformer?
- Favorite muppet?
- Kermit - it might not be easy being green, but he's still a cutie.
- What kind of underwear are you wearing?
- Orgasms or romantic love?
- Water and mirrors. Impossible to compare and neither giving a true reflection of my life.
Before - After
In the grander scheme of things, no soul can truly be replaced. Each one of us has a place in the universal tapestry. We each contribute our own color and texture. When one thread is snipped too soon, it distorts all the threads around it. Other lives can unravel and tear. If the wrong thread is ripped away, the whole fabric of life becomes dangerously fragile.
- LeiLani, aka Radiogurl aka Bright Opal (1957 - )
0 told me what they thought
101 Things About Me
my last five entries